Game Improvements

Posted over 6 years ago by Atk the Great

Post a topic
Atk the Great
Atk the Great

What should the devs work on and add? Here's what I suggest.... 1. Add an in game forum/blog post keeping players updated on server maintenances, bug fixes, events, SvS, Merges (in the future), Global Control Pount/Super Wonder event (in thr future if added), new states, and new items being added in game. 2. Add a "Search" (be ble to look up a players name, see their power, kills alliance and other things of the sort) feature in the more tab section. Also, upon clicking on a players profile picture in chat, show power, kills, alliance and more. 3. Instead of showing how long someone has been offline for x amount of days and showing if they've been on TODAY, optimize the feature to show alliance members and leaders to see if they are currently online, and if they've been off show how long they've been offline. This will help configuring players schedule and play time throughout the day. Any other suggestions please add to the pos5, thank you.

6 Votes

25 Comments

Sorted by
R

Ronaldo posted about 2 years ago

Encourage your members to use discord i would say.

0 Votes

J

Jason Locke posted about 2 years ago

Develop a better messaging system that allows a much longer Message to be sent to individual players. Allow the R5 to be able to send messages to groups like to all R4’s etc.

0 Votes

M

M4 Sherman E posted over 2 years ago

The game should allow us to trade with others alliance members or be able to gift items rather than food, like trading supplies for defense boosts as it can help rookies when they start as when they join an alliance, the members can give useful stuff, plus they can trade with others  exchange for boosts, teleports, and gold. I think it will help out all of us WaP players as a hole, also I recommend to make a few features added so that people don't scam others so that the victims won't get mad.

0 Votes

M

Marvin Wayne Bryant posted over 3 years ago

I like many of the features of War and Peace. It gives some feel of the American Civil War and has a lot of historical accuracy. The graphics of the map, troops, and commanders are good.

My primary disappointment is that Yankees ought to fight Rebs and Rebs ought to fight Yankees. You should not fight your own kind. This is at the heart of every war and emotionally it is especially so with this one.

I suggest you do this by starting a new game on a new server with a northern half and southern half of each game area. I would make three areas (Eastern, Western, and Trans-Mississippi) that are not true to the actual cities and geography but that have some of the feel of those areas. Then you divide the theaters in half by a “Mason-Dixon Line,” which runs roughly East-West. All new players must choose to be a Yank or Reb. They can then choose their starting location anywhere in the North or South respectively, as long as they are at least X number of hexes from the closest player. If one “Nation” is starting to get significantly more players than the other, newbies have to choose to join the other side or join a wait list.

Players are not able to scout or attack their own side.  Instead of tech machines and forts, you could have “sympathizers” or “local militia” or “partisans” (in the Northern territory, these would be Rebels, in the Southern territory these would be Yankees). You could also give each alliance leader the privilege of spotting one such unit per day for his troops to practice on (without the leader being able to hog all the benefits for himself).

Strategically, the goal is to build and train and then relocate closer to Mason-Dixon and go attack the other side. You could make it where the Mason Dixon line “moves” or “adjusts” if one side clears out all the close by camps/forts of the other side, so that you gain territory. You could make it more appealing to do this by having high resource areas or other strategic locations (like a railhead) to attack or defend. You could also add a capital that is fortified and can be additionally fortified (automatically) by donations from any Yank or Reb.

You could have something similar to teleport that would allow a newbie to start and grow far from the action but relocate the front line when ready. You could also allow something like “supply depot” that would allow a force to infiltrate the enemy territory a little ways and operate from there as long as they maintained their depot.

Instead of shields, I think you should keep troop movement at humanly possible levels, though better for veterans, to give opponents a chance to respond. You might also want to allow each alliance to have a “reinforcement” force that certain officers could send to help people who are being attacked. You could add in Rail and River movement to assist faster movement, and these might be nationally supported like the capital fortification.

I could go on a while, but the gist is to make it a true North-South conflict. 

1 Votes

R

Rdub Walton posted about 4 years ago

My suggestions... I think you should be able to reinforce while under a shield it's defense ... Offer a 7 day shields or allow time to be merged like in vip activation... Thanks....

1 Votes

R

Ronaldo posted over 4 years ago

well this is war game, so why shouldnt somebody hit your fort when you are unshielded. So if you wanna avoid this join an alliance generating enough gold to buy shields and stay shielded.

0 Votes

C

Chris Weeks posted over 4 years ago

I’m in 18 which is a fairly new state as it seems. But the bullying is already happening there also. I just don’t see how fair it is to allow a lvl 22 fort with 92 million power attack a lvl 5 fort with 15 thousand power. I think whoever is in charge of this game needs to put a range on forts and who they can hit. Something like within a 10 million range up or down. This will help newer players get the chance to actually play the game and not quit a week into the game.

0 Votes

C

Chris posted about 6 years ago

Dead forts usually have garbage for resources

0 Votes

R

Ronaldo posted over 6 years ago

As hive you are easy target to find. Spread out or mini hive

0 Votes

Atk the Great

Atk the Great posted over 6 years ago

The dead forts make some states loom too cluttered and hinder new alliances trying to find a good spot for a hive imo.

0 Votes

R

Ronnie Piercy posted over 6 years ago

Those dead forts are a good suppliers of rss.

0 Votes

W

Wjharris57 posted over 6 years ago

Have t o agree with the 3 previous comments. There is absolutely no strategic or tactical relevance to the American civil war! The bullying is obviously a game trait as it's happening in state 3 also. Ppl who raid their own state players should gain no benefits particularly when they are attacking a lower LVL player. Our state is littered with forts of players who have given up the game because they kept getting hit.perhaps the game runners could remove these after a set period.

0 Votes

R

Ronnie Piercy posted over 6 years ago

My knowledge of the Civil War is not being challenged or even questioned in this game. There is bullying going on in state 2 as well. You can tell who has money invested in the game and doesn't. It really is an unfair advantage. I believe that more gold mine may help. But the bullies try to control them too. Maybe there should be a limit on the number of of players/forts with a power ranking over a certain lvl. That way all the big players wouldn't all be in just a hand full of alliances. There needs to be an incentive for the bigger players to move to or stay in the smaller alliances.

2 Votes

C

Cj Sawyer posted over 6 years ago

I absolutely agree 100%. I play in a small power sh and not 1 player 100 million or bigger unshielded unless I was attacked or someone similar in power...im 4.5 million lol going against 100-300 mill players after they port and burn me from my own state. Nobody should get points for attacking their own state players. And your packs suck badly. Please have your team revise these. Nobody wants to pay 199.00 for crap rss and spds or experience thats ridiculously high for what's offered.

3 Votes

A

Andrew Bosch posted over 6 years ago

I don't know if the developers even read this, but here goes : Where state vs state events are concerned, states should be forced to compete against each other. What usually happens is that a few guys engage the foreign state, while some jacka..es stay behind and raid their own state members. Usually these are level 19-22 that are too scared to lose their power, so they pick on smaller players at little or no risk, and still get kill points. Additionally they also still get rewards from those doing the actual work!!! Ridiculious!!!! Where such players attack their own state members, they should not only inccur a penalty by losing gold or resources, they should also receive no benefit at all. If you want to earn points, teleport to a different state!!!

4 Votes

C

Cj Sawyer posted over 6 years ago

Packs should very not just 1 99$ pack for 2 or 3 days. More speed ups and rss are needed in these packs along with gear sets not pieces that take forever to upgrade on random chests. Troops are fine but need core gear or more debuffs and defense needs improvement.

0 Votes

M

Matthew Potavin posted over 6 years ago

A full view map of your state with alliance member locations would be nice.

4 Votes

R

Ronaldo posted over 6 years ago

Resource reduction items whould be great for packs or to earn in Tech Monsters.

1 Votes

R

Rowdy Reb posted over 6 years ago

This game is incomplete. The lack of a basic strategy and game play guide from the developer is inexcusable. Information tabs for unit types & buildings are terse or have little explanation as to why you need said building or unit. A bit of historical background wouldnt hurt, either. The shortfall applies to both the town and area maps. This lack of detail negatively effects playability. I also see no references (and little connection either as promised in the adverts) to American Civil War History. It appears to be little more than a gutted version of Mobile Strike with an ambiguous Civil War Theme. Fix it, or it won't last long.

4 Votes

M

Mike Redford posted over 6 years ago

I agree with the bullying it is going on now in state 1

3 Votes

S

Samuel Flores posted over 6 years ago

We need random teleports, encampments to encamp near our city, building to craft our own weapons and gear, Some special gear for the smalls to buy so they wont get bullied by bigger players and quiting the game.

6 Votes

J

James Gantt posted over 6 years ago

Language translator

2 Votes

M

Mike Redford posted over 6 years ago

You should allow gifting to other players in your own alliance

7 Votes

J

Jason Little posted over 6 years ago

You should allow players to see if others are currently online. This feature is very helpful. Thank you for your time.

5 Votes

M

Maiyya Isarra posted over 6 years ago

Emojis for chat. 

5 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment